Thursday, June 28, 2012

Philli Part 3

Each day I have got a little better at this. Let's hope for continued improvement! I spent about half an our reading Red Rain before writing this just to get in the mood, so we should be good.

I frowned, "That is so... so..."
"Unfair?"
I looked down. I knew that complaining about fairness was no use. "Yes."
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you..."
I finished for him, "Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven."
I smiled up at Daddy. He was still so much taller than me.
I asked him, "Habe you seen Cea lately? She doesn't even seem to come out of her house."
My father let go of me. "No, I haven't seen much of her lately. Ephesus is over there now, actually."
I tipped my head, craning my neck back up at him. I stepped backwards to ease the angle. "He's been over there a lot, hasn't he lately."
"These past few days he spends most of his time there."
"There isn't... you don't think, anything..."
Father smiled, "No, he assures me there's not. It's some computer project they're working on, those two braniacs."
I was confused. "I didn't remember Cea being a computer genius..."
"Not on the level that Ephesus is, but Ephesus tells me there's something he needs her for."
"What are they doing?"
"I don't know, Phil."
"Is it something... illegal?"
Father didn't answer. He just pressed his finger over my mouth

6 comments:

  1. "Ephesus and Cea, sittin' in a tree..." ;)

    I love how this can go from a hint of funny to deadly serious in one gasp.

    Question: this takes place at the same time as Crook Q, right? =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, kinda like life. It's all fun and games until someone unleashes corrosive precipitation. I mean, funny to serious just like that.

      They are contemporary, yes, though I can't guarantee an exact match-up, but within about 24-48 hours I think.

      Delete
  2. In this instance, illegal is good. *smirks* I'm even more curious as to where you're going... if that's possible. I'm not sure it is, by this point.

    Funny, I've actually considered the Cea + Ephesus idea. Just one of those things we authors think about in the back of our minds. It wouldn't be much of a stretch, theoretically, but it didn't fit in the original story, less or more.

    ReplyDelete