Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kids Skit 2

This section concludes the skit began in the first post under this name and label, in which the moral is applied.


Dan: Borrowing without permission is stealing, and stealing is wrong.
David: I would’ve paid it all back! There’s nothing wrong with it then!
Dan: That doesn’t change things at all. You know it was wrong because you tried to hide it, and then lied trying to cover it up. You know the Bible says all over the place not to lie. It says to put away lying and stealing and work honestly instead.
[Therefore, putting away lying, Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Ephesians 4:25-28]
David: I was just joking around… I don’t think God minds a good joke, do you?
Dan: He wouldn’t mind a good one, no, but you know he also says that it is very foolish to lie and then just call it a joke, and that it doesn’t change whether it was wrong or not. The Bible says lying and calling it a joke is like running around firing arrows and firebombs everywhere. You wouldn’t do that, would you?
[Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I am only joking!” Proverbs 26:18-19]
David: Wouldn’t even think of it!
Dan: Then you definitely shouldn’t be lying to cover up your stealing, should you?
David:…. I guess not….
Dan: Certainly not. Now come on, put the moneybag back and let’s get to work (or other suitable transitional sort of phrase depending on how we are staging the skit and such)
David: Alrighty.

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious - when you perform this, how are the verses being read? Is there another person who is narrating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, actually, we don't read the verses. This is for an inner city audience, so we aren't reading verses, just paraphrasing closely. Verses are included so people know I am not just pulling them out of my hat.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, that's cool. Still wish I could see it live... I can totally envision you playing the part. :)

      Delete
    3. I will make sure to video the performances. The quality might be rough, but I hope you enjoy it. I leave on this next Sunday for the mission trip these were written for, and get back the Sunday after or so, so it's not too far away that I might start posting the videos.

      Delete
    4. That would be wonderful! Any quality of video is good for me if you're willing to take it!

      Delete